Phase 2: 1989 – 2004
ENSI as full project of OECD/CERI
From 1989 to 1994 ENSI was a full project of OECD/CERI with 22 countries participating. The focus was on the evaluation of environmental education policies in a number of member countries, the development of quality indicators and the dissemination of research results and educational experiences. The outcome of this focus was the development of six in depth studies on Environmental Education policies by international expert teams in Australia, Austria, Finland, Germany, Hungary and Norway.
In addition a series of international workshops were conducted and published:
- 1993, May: Seminar on ”Values in Environmental Education” Stirling/Scotland.
- 1992, September: Seminar on ”Economy and Ecology” Sunder/Germany.
- 1992, May: Seminar on ”Images of Society, Nature and Science through Environmental Education – Dealing with Complexity in Environmental Education”, Perugia/Italy.
- 1991, June: ”Workshop on Evaluation in Environmental Education” Norwich and Cromer /United Kingdom.
- 1990, June: Workshop on ”Action Research” Frascati/Italy
- 1990, April: Seminar on ”Environment, Schools and Citizens of the Future – Teaching for a sustainable Development”, Veldhoven/Netherlands.
Member countries in Phase 2:
- Belgium/Flanders + Vallonie
- the Netherlands
- Northern Ireland
- United States