ENSI cooperates with UNESCO, UNEP and OECD.
- United Nations Environment Programme The Regional Office for Europe (ROE) promotes inter-governmental policy dialogue and regional cooperation, increases national capacity for environmental management and response emergencies, raises awareness and enhances information exchange, and translates global policies into regional action. -www.unep.ch/roe
- Letter of collaboration with UNEP Letter form A. Ogbuigwe, Head of Environmental Education and Training UNEP -CollaborationWithUNEP.pdf
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
UNECE strives to foster sustainable economic growth among its 56 member countries. To that end UNECE provides a forum for communication among States; brokers international legal instruments addressing trade, transport and the environment; and supplies statistics and economic and environmental analysis.
ENSI country coordinators were involved in the development of the UNECE strategy for ESD. In December 2005 ENSI was invited to be one of three observers in the then newly-created UNECE bureau of the ESD steering committee, which supports the UNECE ESD secretariat in Geneva in implementing the UNECE strategy and meets there on a regular basis. -www.unece.org
Un Decade on Education for Sustainable Development
The goal of the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014, DESD), for which UNESCO is the lead agency, is to integrate the principles, values, and practices of sustainable development into all aspects of education and learning.
This educational effort will encourage changes in behaviour that will create a more sustainable future in terms of environmental integrity, economic viability, and a just society for present and future generations -http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.php
- Letter of collaboration with UNESCO A Memorandum of Understanding: Collaboration between UNESCO and ENSI -UNESCO_08072004.pdf
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
The OECD brings together the governments of countries committed to democracy and the market economy from around the world to:
- Support sustainable economic growth
- Boost employment
- Raise living standards
- Maintain financial stability
- Assist other countries' economic development
- Contribute to growth in world trade -www.oecd.org
- Letter of collaboration with OECD Basic document about ENSIs collaboration with the OECD (2009) -Cooperation ENSI_OECD_2009.pdf